Keep in mind trends come and go, so choose the elements that appeal to you and will work with your home and lifestyle. Right now color is huge and it's so easy to change out pillows, throws, curtains and bedding to get a fresh new look for spring and summer.
Whether or not you have your home on the market, are staging your home for sale, or just want to revive your decor, keep these hot new trends in mind.
- Global palettes - These are the warm spicy colors from India and the east. Cinnamon, cumin, saffron and turmeric.
- Organic colors - Shades that are inspired by natural materials such as wood, stone and the earth.
- High gloss finishes - Especially high gloss white. You can completely transform a dresser, armoire or ornate chair by spray painting it with a gloss finish.
- Saturated aqua greens and turquoise. Sea glass, deep teals and rich blue greens work very well against neutral organic colors.
- Simplicity - Soft pastel or natural colors using a bright white trim creates a clean and calm look.
- Urban hues - Edgy metal and concrete finishes work especially well in loft spaces and as a surprise amid more traditional decor.
- Color up on ceilings - Think of your ceiling as a fourth wall. Go deeper in color for a cozy feel in a high ceiling ed room or just a shade darker than the walls.
- Super deep color - Deep, dark chocolate for example (especially in a gloss finish) creates a fresh modern palette for a traditional space. Pair it with bright white trim.
- Bold color trim work - Experiment with unusual color combinations for walls and trim. Go darker on the trim for an updated feel.
- Blue and white - Classic china combination is once more in style. Make it modern by using it in unexpected prints and surfaces.
|Saturated greens and blues|